Creating a voicemail greeting for your office is important because it welcomes your customer and invites them to lead you more information.
Obtaining an accurate voicemail message that provides you with a customers name, phone number, and reason for their call is the difference between gaining or losing a sale. If you have inaccurate info. you might not be able to connect or you might not be prepared when call your customer.
What Should You Ask Customers on Your Office Voicemail Greeting?
When you are writing your voicemail script, you should first consider what you need from your customer. There are a few vital pieces of information you should ask. Then you should ask for information that will help you sell to them as your customer.
Basic Information to Ask:
1) Full Name
2) Home Phone Number, Cell Number, or best number to reach them
3) Reason for Their Call
Once you obtain the vital information that allows you to reconnect with them, you should ask for additional information that describes what they want form your business, or anything that might help you sell to them.
Extra Information to Ask on Your Office Greeting:
1) Financing – If you are in an industry like real estate, many of the customers who call you might not be able to qualify for financing. Asking them to provide information about their financial situation will help prioritize their calls.
2) How ready they are to purchase – Many customers may request that you call them back, but may not be a customer who is likely to make you money. Asking them to provide information letting you know how likely they are to purchase will help you figure out who to call and how important of a customer they are.
3) What company they are with – If you do alot of business to business transactions, asking them to provide the business they are calling from will save you time as they may be with a company that you would not consider doing business with.
Office Voicemail Scripts and Examples
Here are a few office voicemail greeting scripts that will make your callers provide your with the information you need to connect.
Real Estate Voicemail Script
1) You’ve reached the office of [ your business]. We look forward to connecting with you. Please leave a detailed message with your full name, the best number to reach you, and the reason for you call. Also please provide the address of the properties you are interested in so we can be prepared when we speak. You can also visit us online at [yoursite.com] or email us at [email@example.com]
Law Office Voicemail Script
2) Thanks for calling the legal offices of [your business]. We look forward to speaking with you and discussing your case. Please provide us with your full name, the best number to reach you, and more information about your case. Please let us know more about your legal situation, so we can be better prepared to take your call. Our office hours are from 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, but you may also reach us by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Generic Office Voicemail Script
3) Hi, you’ve reached the office of [yourbusiness]. We are currently unavailable, but will return your call as soon as we can. Please leave us a detailed message with your full name, phone number, and the reason for your call. If this is an emergency, you may call us at 555-5555. You can also visit our website [yoursite.com] for business hours or driving directions.